Thursday, September 18, 2008

Walking by faith down difficult roads

A “Walk of Faith Manifesto” might read something like this:
“I will live by faith from day to day – not by sight. By a determined focus on Jesus and His kingdom (Matt. 6:33)and trusting in the goodness of God and His foreordained plan (Eph. 2:10), I forfeit my fleshly need to know God’s complete “roadmap” for my life… and instead acknowledge that God may keep me in the dark through many circumstances (Job/Joseph). In fact He joys when I lean on Him and not my own ability to intellectually solve every challenge or question (Prov. 3:5-6). When I am puzzled, without answers, burdened beyond measure, despairing – I realize this is God’s fertile ground, indeed, His classroom, to teach me to trust in Him alone (2 Cor. 1:8-9). I embrace the “walk of faith” knowing it is the difficult and narrow way (Heb. 11:35-40/Matt. 7:14), often with testings and trials, but yielding the fruit that greatly pleases God (Heb. 11:6/James 1:2-4/ Rom. 5:3-4). I will trust in Him who is invisible, that His promises are sure and tangible and that He is in complete control (Heb. 11:1/Romans 8:28/ Psalm 111:7-8/Jn 14:2).”

No comments: